Environmental Working Groups' Organic ListHere's a reliable sources review of what to buy organic. Of course, it would be optimal if we could buy everything organic, but with soaring produce and food prices this list can help you pick and choose the organic produce that you should buy.
- (worst: highest pesticide load) Peaches
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Green Beans
- Hot Peppers
- Honeydew Melon
- Winter Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Peas-Frozen
- Sweet Corn-Frozen
- (best: lowest pesticide load) Onions
Non-Organic FoodsThese foods are safe to buy non-organic:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Corn
- Sweet Peas
- If you are lucky enough, like us, to live in an area loaded with environmentally-conscious farmers, health food stores and organic foods delivery services, it will be easy to purchase locally in the spring/summer/fall season. Asking your produce manager at your local grocery store is good and otherwise, look for online organic food delivery services in your area.
- If you are thinking about this time of year, considering canning or investing in a dehydrator and preparing ahead of time. There are WAY too many opportunities now to prepare and buy organic cheaper so you can provide the best for you and your family these days. Online stores have all sorts of good deals happening along with FREE shipping to anywhere in Canada.
- Eat more RAW & organic where you can, including NUTS & Seeds. Local health food stores all stock these items and if not, look online. These days in Canada, you can find RAW organic SEED Butters in every national grocery store chain. These are alkalizing foods compared to most available NUT butters that use acidic processes or nuts as well as adding processed salt.
- EAT more satiating FOODS. This doesn't mean cooked foods, this means nutrient-rich foods and drinks. Once you break the habit of reaching for 'dead foods', you will naturally crave the better foods for your body. Turn off the TV if you have to for a month and watch how different you think.
- Use more unrefined sea salt so you can absorb more nutrients and are getting those trace minerals.
- Eat more and take regular seaweed baths. Seaweeds are indigenous to Canada and 99% of us do not take advantage of the most abundant plant on this planet.
- LOVE your Food. Regardless of your food choices. always eat when you are feeling good and always feel good about the food you eat. If you are vibrationally happy with what you put in your body, chances are your body will get the most from it and will digest it easier then if you didn't.
http://www.upayanaturals.com - located in Ontario
http://www.rawnutrition.ca - located in Ontario
http://www.realrawfood.com - located in British Columbia
http://www.totallyrawdogfood.com/ - organic/Raw DOG food - located in Atlantic Canada
www.veg.ca - directory of vegan/raw foods and communities in the Toronto area