Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lack of Iodine: Growing up with monthly reminders

I remember when I was growing up and just discovering the perils of turning into a woman; my experience with menstrual cramping was out of this world. No seriously wasn't I the only one? As I discovered later 
on in life, there were a lot of us going through this monthly living 'hell' that I called it at the time; behind closed doors, staying home from work or school or just drudging through the day trying to stay lucid...yes this bad. I am sure someone can relate. Okay, so what about the tender breasts every single month? Experience that? How about now? You know what I noticed is that my tender breasts or should I say the proper term; Fibrocystic Breast Disease, wasn't really prevalent until my late 20's and early 30's. And probably up until now, I would be suffering from painful breasts every month; IF I hadn't discovered why I was suffering from this and it's not just from our monthly period ladies, that is just the gift we have been given as woman; to have monthly reminders of what is happening in our body so that our bodies can communicate to us what adjustments we need to make.
So you remember what I had written previously about most North American women lacking iodine today compared to only 10% about a 100 years ago: well as it turns out, our 'indicators' are these monthly symptoms and if we have sufficient amounts of iodine in our bodies, we wouldn't suffer from painful breasts and/or Fibrocystic Breast Disease and we also wouldn't suffer from menstrual cramps. Seriously, that stage in our life and currently in our life, would be virtually eliminated if it weren't for this one crucial element that is needed by every human on this planet; but that North American's are missing today. Wow. 
97% of earth's iodine is found in the sea!
Read it again. There is more, but for now - this is something more to read and think about and share. If you have suffered from any of the following conditions or know of anyone suffering from auto immune diseases such as: Anemia (low blood iron), Thyroidism, Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, etc. Here are links for you and suggested reading material that is both comprehensive and fascinating, that you can share with your physician, nutritionist, esthetician, RMT, Naturopathic Doctor or whomever you are seeking health advice from these days:
*recommended reading: Thyroidism; Why We Need It, Why We Cannot Live Without It and share it with your Doctor!



No comments:

Post a Comment